Each semester is 16 weeks in duration. Attendance is very important and the following rules apply to attendance:
· Tardiness to class can be habit forming. Three violations will constitute one absence. However, a student who is more than 15 minutes late for class will be counted absent.
· The maximum number of excused absences from one class is three.
· When a class is missed, make-up work must be done for the teacher of that class. The assignment will be given by the teacher and it is the responsibility of the student to contact the teacher for this assignment. After the third absence the student's grade will be reduced one half grade point for each absence thereafter.
· After the 4th absence from any one class, the student will be placed on probation for that class.
· After the 6th absence from any one class, the student will be dropped from the class and receive a grade of "I" (incomplete).
· The student must re-enroll the following semester for the class. Failure to re-enroll will result in the incomplete becoming a permanent "F".
· There can be no make-ups for finals.
· Exceptions and special considerations should be discussed and approved by the Dean of the extension school.